Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Did she know?

Rain water is the best for the plants is what my mother used to say. Every time it rained we had to take all my the house plants outside for the rain to water them. We also collected buckets of rain water. My mother loved her plants as much as she loved us.

At my mom's funeral my cousins said they remembered that my mom would buy them Happy Meals from McDonald's every time they came over. I don't remember it too clearly, but it was a special memory for them about my mother. Someone else had a memory of her always willing to give to others.

My mom loved Baskin Robbins, onion cheeseburgers, and root beers. She loved her family. She loved life but she didn't know how to live it. She was sad most of her days. I barely remember her smile or her laugh.

I think of my mom every day, every single day. When she passed, it took me about two years to cry for her. Not because I wasn't sad or because I wasn't going to miss her, I just couldn't cry. Now I wonder if she knew how my much I loved her, how much we all loved her.

There have been times when I "go fishing" for compliments from my daughters, well that's what my girls call it "fishing" and they refuse to say something nice to me. I know they love but sometimes we need to hear, we need to know it, and we need to feel it.

Azalea Evelice was a beautiful woman, a strong woman, a giving woman, and so much more. But did she know? Did we tell her? Did she hear us? Did she know?

Tell those you love how you feel, tell them everyday, and every chance you get because more than likely they might now know or they need to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment