Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What if

What if I truly honored my parents. What if I was a good girl. What if I waited till i got married. What if didn't lie. What if I finished college? What if I was strict with my girls, if I had continued their piano lessons, track, cheerleading? What if I had raised them different? What if...

I can't seem to let go of the what if's. It's consuming me, consuming my thoughts and my mind s gonna explode. How do I fix it? How do I get out of bed and move forward?

What if my mom had lived? What if we had tried harder to save her life? What if her presence had made an impression on the life of my girls and on our marriage?

The love of a mother never dies and I believe it because not a day goes by that I don't think of her, that I don't miss her. I didn't know how much I loved her till i became a mother and I'm not sure if I ever told her, if she ever knew that she was my world.

What if the bond was never broken? What if we lived happily ever after? What if you still looked at me like you looked at me the first day we met? What if all our dreams came true? What if fairy tales were true? What if I still had butterflies every time I heard your name?

What if you still loved me?

No comments:

Post a Comment